Duration: 4 sessions, 3 hours per session (TOTAL 12 Hours)
This course will help you to learn the basic functions and enhance your knowledge for the following skills: secretarial skills, communication skills, organizational skills, business correspondence, secretarial accounts and personality development.
After 4 sessions, the students will be able to:
1. Identifying the key areas for development in this job role
2. Managing your boss successfully; making relationships work; developing your network; communication and the importance of feedback.
3. Increasing your contribution to the management team through basic group dynamics and team work.
4. Developing personal management skills; setting objectives; prioritizing tasks; understanding time management; delegating successfully; problem solving.
5. Organizing effective systems; travel; informal and formal meetings; minute taking.
6. Effective communication; learning how to be assertive and stay in control; the telephone; dealing with difficult people; developing a personal action plan.
7. How to acquire the interpersonal skills that will enable you to deal more effectively with others.
8. Assertiveness – how it can be developed and used in a positive way.
9. Dealing with conflict, anger and criticism in a cool manner, while projecting an image of self-confidence and professionalism.
10. How to take charge of situations and command attention without being forceful or intimidating.
11. How to say ‘no’ when necessary, and negotiate a solution.
12. Successful two way communication, how listening skills and body language can affect a situation.
13. How positive thinking and creating an overall mental picture can help diffuse stressful situations.