Duration: 4 sessions, 3 hours per session (TOTAL 12 Hours)
This course covers recognition, control, and regulation of safety hazards in the workplace. Topics include accident investigation, Workers Compensation, record keeping, training, machine guarding, facilities, personal protection, and fire protection.
After 4 sessions, the students will be able to:
1. Each student will understand the importance of maintaining a safe workplace.
2. Each student will demonstrate an understanding of workplace injury prevention, risk management, and incident investigations.
3. Each student will understand the role of safety in the business community. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of safety record keeping and management, and the role of the safety manager.
4. Each student will understand the acute and chronic health effects of exposures to chemical, physical and biological agents in the workplace. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of different types of exposure and biological effects, exposure guidelines and basic workplace monitoring.
5. Each student will understand the policies, procedures and equipment needed to deal with hazardous materials. Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the types of hazards, planning, organization and training needed to work safely with hazardous materials.