Duration: 4 sessions, 3 hours per session (TOTAL 12 Hours)
This course is designed to give the student a preparation and familiarization in cruise ship basic knowledge and skills needed for working in cruise ship and ocean liner.
After 6 sessions, the students will be able to:
1. Learn and understand the importance of the Maritime Law such as SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) MARPOL (Maritime Pollution).
2. Learn to respond the basic safety measures in case of emergency while on-board.
3. Learn and identify the different types of international ships and yacht, identify the proper designation and the proper type of ships applicable to them.
4. Learn the different parts and chambers of the ship for familiarization and safety purpose while on-board.
5. Learn the cruise ship hierarchy and it’s designation through the shoulder board and colour stripes from the highest ranking officers down to the department crew such as deck department, engine department and hotel management for them to approach the right person in case of any circumstances and reporting.
6. Identify and learn how to apply the proper rope knotting to different kinds of cargoes and good, to ensure the safety of the goods and cargoes are in the stationery position during the rolling of the ship in times of bad weather conditions throughout its destinations.
7. Learn the main ships terminologies to be used as common terms for proper and easy communications on-board.